Yellow Phase Guidelines
Health and Safety Plan
COVID-19 is mostly spread by respiratory droplets released when people talk, cough, or sneeze. It is thought that the virus may spread to hands from a contaminated surface and then to the nose or mouth, causing infection. Therefore, personal prevention practices (such as handwashing, staying home when sick) and environmental cleaning and disinfection are important to keeping everyone safe. At Action Karate, we will be strictly adhering to a policy of not sharing any equipment during a class. Any equipment used will be cleaned before being allowed to be reused.
Staying Home when Appropriate
Employees and students who are sick or have recently had a close contact with a person with COVID-19 will need to remain at home.
Employees and students must stay home if they have tested positive for or are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
Students are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after class.
Students should cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue when possible. Used tissues are to be thrown in the trash and hands washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Cloth Face Coverings
As our students will be physically active during their time at the karate school, cloth face coverings will not be mandatory. Instructors and staff will be required to wear a cloth face covering at all times when engaging with students. Cloth face coverings are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms. Cloth face coverings are not surgical masks, respirators, or other medical personal protective equipment.
Drop Off Procedures
- Students will be admitted to the karate school approximately 5 minutes prior to the start of their class.
- Please wear appropriate cloth face coverings and maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from non-family members while waiting for class to begin. We recommend waiting in your car when possible.
- Students must be in their uniform before entering the karate school.
- Students will be admitted to the school one at a time.
- An adult guardian of the student will verify with the instructor that the student is able to participate in class.
- Students will enter the karate school alone unless the student is in the Ninja Shark program. For our Ninja Shark students, an adult guardian will be asked to remain in the family area.
- The student will be assigned a spot to place their shoes and a square on the mat where they will stand. (This spot will also be used to designate seating for our Ninja Shark family member.) The square assigned to each student is 2 meters across each side, with 2 meters separating each square.
- Classes will be streamed via our Zoom links for family members to watch.
Pick Up Procedures
- Please be ready to pick up your child approximately 5 minutes before the end of their scheduled class time.
- Students will be dismissed from class one at a time in the reverse order of which they arrived.
Please contact Mr Keffer at 484-546-8455.